Want an easy but really impressive dessert for Valentine’s Day?
No joke, just a few hours prep the night before and these can totally be on your candle lit table the next evening. You know, between you and your Valentine… *gush.*
Heck, buy the cupcakes and you’ve saved yourself a step.
I’ve added a picture tutorial to show you how simple this really is.
All you need is some coloured fondant (for best results mix with a little gumpaste), 3 piping tips or circle cutters (different sizes), and a ball tool. You don’t even really need the ball tool. Remember here , when I showed you how to make rose petals with just your hands and some parchment?
1. Gather all of your supplies. Colour and roll out your fondant nice and thin.
2. Cut out your circles. You will need about 6 of each size.
3. Using your ball tool, or fingers, thin out the petals as much as possible. Try to create some ruffles or movement.
4. Let your petals dry out over night on a flower former. Or, use a dish covered in foil like I did here.
5. The next day, begin with the largest petals and start layering on your cupcake. Try to do some overlapping.
6. Voila! Aren’t you pleased with yourself?
You could make a few large roses and then add some ribbon roses on the rest.
Happy Valentine’s Day friends!